Easter Egg Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Wooden Skewers or Toothpicks
- Plastic Cling Wrap
- Parchment Paper or Plastic Sandwich Bags
- 2 lbs Fresh Strawberries (one container)
- 2 bags White Chocolate Morsels (12 ounce for each bag)
- Pastel Gel Colors
- Sprinkles or Colored Sugar (optional)
- Wash the fresh strawberries and dry well then remove the green leaves without removing the stem.
- Stick a skewer or toothpick in strawberry next to the stem. (Repeat until all strawberries are prepped).
- Prepare a cutting board, wrapping in plastic cling wrap.
- In a medium saucepan, add about an inch of water and bring water to a boil.
- Once water is boiling, reduce to a simmer. Add the white chocolate chip morsels to a glass or ceramic bowl in the middle of the simmering water to melt.
- Melt the morsels and constantly stir.
- Once melted, remove from heat and transfer 1/4 portion of melted chocolate into a smaller bowl for easier dipping. (If you want to use multiple colors, you can use coloring in several bowls).
- Add a drop or two of food coloring and mix in. If the chocolate starts to harden after mixing, add a small teaspoon of vegetable oil to soften the chocolate.
- While holding the skewer or toothpick, dip the strawberry in chocolate. Let excess chocolate drip off then place finished strawberry onto the prepped chopping board.
- Continue this process for the rest of the strawberries without using all the chocolate (for added details later).
- Rewarm previously melted chocolate and you can also mix colors to create more color options.
- Create a paper cone with parchment paper or use sandwich bags for piping bags. Fill with melted chocolate and cut a tiny hole to decorate berries as desired.
- The last step can be done with the kids as a fun craft project, you can also use colored sugar or sprinkles for added decoration.
- Serve and enjoy!