Version 2.4 Dated January 1, 2020
This policy describes the information collection, use, and dissemination practices of themoderncookie.com, its subsidiaries and affiliates, (collectively referred herein as “the COMPANY”) and applies to the COMPANY’s collection, use, storage and disclosure of information by the COMPANY on its themoderncookie.com Sites.
- Personal Information Collected on this Website.
- Visitors. No personally-identifiable information is collected on themoderncookie.com Sites from Visitors that browse themoderncookie.com Sites for information.
- Members. Personally-identifiable information collected on a themoderncookie.com Site is gathered on our “register here” pages. These fields include name, address, phone number, email address, gender, age and other information necessary for the system to provide you with the information responsive to your request. The personal information a Member submits to the themoderncookie.com Site remains property of the Member, but by submitting that information to the themoderncookie.com Site, you, as a Member, grant the COMPANY, the right to use that information for the purposes disclosed below.
- How We May Use Your Personal Information.The COMPANY may use a Member’s personal information to provide the requested services, including services that display customized content and advertising. We may disclose, transfer, sell or lease a Member’s personal information to third party businesses and to other entities affiliated with the COMPANY. In addition, we may join together with other businesses to bring opportunities to our Members. This means we may use personal information to provide promotional offers to Members by means of email advertising, telephone marketing, direct mail marketing, online banner advertising, and package stuffers, among other possible uses (collectively, “Promotions”). Third party businesses may include providers of direct marketing services and applications, including lookup and reference, data enhancement, suppression and validation. We may also use such information for content improvement and feedback purposes. The COMPANY may also use personal information for auditing, research and analysis to operate and improve our technologies and services. We may also disclose personal information to the extent necessary if the COMPANY is sold or acquired or otherwise deemed necessary or appropriate.
- Legal Proceedings.The COMPANY may disclose a Member’s personally identifiable information pursuant to a subpoena or other judicial or administrative order, where required by law, or, at our sole discretion, where we deem necessary to protect the safety of any individual or the public or to prevent the violation of the rights of the COMPANY or any third party.
- Email and Unsubscribe Policy.As explained above, the COMPANY uses a Member’s personal information to Promotions by email to individuals and companies including clients of the COMPANY. The COMPANY may maintain separate email lists for different purposes. If you wish to discontinue receiving email messages from the COMPANY.
The COMPANY’s unsubscribe process impacts only the future delivery of electronic mailings disseminated by the COMPANY on its own behalf. A Member should also note that unsubscribing from the COMPANY’s electronic mailings will not automatically unsubscribe the Member’s information from any third parties businesses. Since third party businesses maintain separate databases from the COMPANY, a Member will need to unsubscribe from each source individually, if desired.
- Wireless Addresses.If the e-mail address Member provides to the COMPANY is a wireless e-mail address, Member agrees to receive messages at such address from the COMPANY or its business associates (unless and until Member elects not to receive such messages by following the instructions in the unsubscribe portion of this policy). Member understands that a Member’s wireless carrier’s standard rates apply to these messages.
- The COMPANY uses industry standard security measures to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our reasonable control Although we make good faith efforts to store the information collected on themoderncookie.com Sites in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security. Further, while we make every effort to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party “hackers” from illegally obtaining this information.
- Financial Information.We may in certain cases collect credit card numbers, bank account numbers and other related information, such as the expiration date of the credit card (“Financial Information”). This Financial Information is submitted to us, and such Financial Information is encrypted and is protected with SSL encryption software. We will use the Financial Information for purposes of processing and completing the purchase transaction, and the Financial Information will be disclosed to third parties only as necessary to complete the purchase transaction. This information will not be sold or distributed to third parties in any way.
- Anonymous Information Collected on this Website.We record anonymous data such as traffic logs, number of visits or clicks on a given page, pages viewed or links to our site. We use IP addresses and cookies for gathering website statistics. We also store IP addresses on our server in the event that a com Site should become corrupted and it becomes necessary to discover the cause of this corruption.
We aggregate this anonymous data as part of managing, maintaining and reporting on use of our themoderncookie.com Sites. We may share this anonymous data with third parties for the limited purpose of reporting on use of a themoderncookie.com Site, or to comply with applicable law. We do not rent, sell or share any anonymous data collected on this website with third parties for marketing purposes. None of this anonymous data is linked to personally-identifiable information and we make no attempt to link IP addresses to the individuals who visit this site.
This means that they agree to abide by the principles laid out below.
Information that is gathered from visitors: In common with other websites, log files are stored on the web server saving details such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, referring page and time of visit. Cookies may be used to remember visitor preferences when interacting with the website.
Where registration is required, the visitor’s email and a username will be stored on the server.
How the Information is used: The information is used to enhance the visitor’s experience when using the website to display personalized content and possibly advertising. E-mail addresses will not be sold, rented or leased to 3rd parties.
Visitor Options: If you have subscribed to one of our services, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions which are included in e-mail that you receive.
You may be able to block cookies via your browser settings but this may prevent you from access to certain features of the website.
Cookies: Cookies are small digital signature files that are stored by your web browser that allow your preferences to be recorded when visiting the website.
- Cookies, Web Beacons, and Other Info Collected
Using Technology. We currently use cookie and web beacon technology to associate certain Internet-related information about an individual with information about the individual in our database.
- We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
- We use third party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our com Site and sites upon which we advertise. These third party advertising companies use information about your visits to our themoderncookie.com Sites and the sites upon which we advertise, to serve COMPANY ads to you. In the course of our advertisements being served to you, these companies may place or recognize their own unique third-party cookies on your browser. In addition, we may use Web beacons, provided by some of our third-party advertising companies, to help manage our online advertising. These Web beacons allow us to recognize a browser’s cookie when a browser visits this site and to learn which banner ads bring users to our website.
- Cookies. Cookies are small chunks of data created by a web server, delivered through a web browser, and stored on your computer. They provide a means for websites that you visit to keep track of your online patterns and preferences, as well as identify you as a return visitor. Cookies make the personalization of your web experiences possible, so that you do not need to re-enter your information from scratch upon each visit to a given website. Individuals who use the themoderncookie.com Site need to accept cookies in order to use all of the features and functionality of the site.
- Web Beacons. A web beacon is programming code that can be used to display an image on a web page, but can also be used to transfer an individual’s unique user identification (often in the form of a cookie) to a database and associate the individual with previously acquired information about an individual in a database. This allows us to track certain websites an individual visits online. Web beacons are used to determine products or services an individual may be interested in, and to track online behavioral habits for marketing purposes.
- Usage Tracking and Log Files. The COMPANY tracks information related to the electronic mailings and web pages viewed by members, as well as the hyperlinks clicked by members, while viewing our emails or visiting our websites. Log files are used to track and monitor member usage.
- IP Address. We collect your IP (Internet Protocol) address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer this themoderncookie.com Site. An IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. Your IP address is also used to help identify you during a particular session and to gather broad demographic data