Chrissy Teigen's Street Mexican Street Corn
Featured in her new 'Cravings' cookbook this is a great side dish to pair with any tasty culinary creation.
- 1 Lime (cut into 8 wedges)
- 3/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese (finely grated)
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro Leaves (freshly chopped)
- 3/4/ cup Cotija Cheese (crumbled)
- Cayenne Pepper (for taste)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tbsps Mayonnaise
- 4 ears Corn (husked and halved)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Preheat cast-iron skillet on high heat on stove top.
- On a plate combine the cotija and parmesan cheese with black pepper.
- Lay pieces of corn out on a, then use hands to spread oil on corn or brush oil onto corn.
- Once the skillet is heated, fit as many pieces of corn possible then season with salt.
- Turn the pieces of corn every two minutes for even cooking, blackened pieces can take up to 8 minutes.
- Quickly brush a thin layer of mayonnaise and roll the corn in the cheese mixture previously prepared on the plate then sprinkle cayenne pepper for taste.
- Put all the cheesy corn on a platter once evenly cooked and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges and enjoy.